Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Reflection of Speech 6

This speech was a week late.  We had to cancel when I was actually supposed to go because of the snow.  And so...I didn't practice until the next Sunday.  Ya...I procrastinated and didn't know the speech as well as I could have.  I have a few scripture verses in there that I was worried about having the controversy over.  It ended up being fine.

I didn't walk around as much as I usually do because I needed my speech ALOT, but I played it off pretty well.

The person who evaluated me didn't give me much feedback on what I should do to improve my pitch, volume, etc.  Basically what my speech was all about, but I think I did okay on it.  I loved the idea of this speech, but I felt I didn't have enough time to develop it. I should have shared a specific instant that my tongue got me into trouble.  Or I should have given a specific way that I was going to try to tame my tongue.  5-7 mins is just not enough time.

Everyone dotes on me in my club because they are impressed that only after my 4th speech, I am doing so well.  It is really encouraging to me, although I feel frustrated with the power of my speeches.  They don't seem to go beyond the lectern and they leave at the end of the meeting...if that makes any sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment