Monday, February 11, 2013

Reflections of the Valentine Letter...speech 8

Well I decided to do this last minute because I am trying to get 6 speeches done by March. This is my fifth tonight I have given.  I am really disappointing in myself although because this one was more of an emotional, stirring one about my love life and I could have made it really great.  But because I rushed when I gave it, I didn't know it and had to read it straight from the paper, and a few stumbling spots.  I forgot to tape myself...I am kind of glad I didn't.

I don't think I even stepped away from the lectern.  I did not look anyone in the eye, and even though I did not have a good evaluation, you could tell others were disappointed   They knew I could do better and I expected more from myself also!

This whole speech was supposed to focus on props, and even though I had my letter to show, it was more of an afterthought.  I should have gotten some mugshots of boys I dated. Or pictures of Fred and I dating.

Maybe one day I will give it again and give it the justice and care it deserves.  Oh well....you need to feel humbled sometimes, and tonight was my night.

No comments:

Post a Comment