Sunday, June 9, 2013

#3 Reflection Bush Whacking

This was the best speech I have given so far.  My dad gave me the idea when I told him the topic was "Get to the Point."  I wrote this many weeks ago and I practiced it alot in the beginning.  But then I got tired of hearing it.  So I gave it a rest and did it from memory alot.

Finally when it was time to give the speech, my one weakness was that I brought the speech up with me in paper form.  I didn't even need it! I should have gone without.  It messed me up once, but other than that I felt I did great.

I talked at a good pace and volume.  I even enjoyed saying this speech I had practiced a ton of times.  The joy all came back to me when I was in front of the audience.  And they were a good audience.  I had the best evaluator I have ever had!  Jodi, my mentor, told me so many great things.  She said I got the attention of the audience right away.  I had powerful words.  I had seamless transitions.  She loved the example of using the timer to show what my ex-fiance should have said in time.  Two hours compared to the 2.5 seconds.  The one piece of advice I didn't even think about was to breathe.  I guess I talk so fast that I get breathy sometime.  Breathing will help with that.  Who would have ever thought. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment