Sunday, June 9, 2013

Reflection of Speech 9

This was one of my pocket speeches I had written, but hadn't really worked on very much.  I hadn't practiced or memorized anything.  But there was opening and the toastmasters that were supposed to speak didn't show up.  So I gave this...reading most of it.

I thought this was a good speech for our club because it relived some fond memories that we have shared together.  Sonya loved it.  She thought it would be a great one to share at a conference level because it is so motivating.  I felt really bad then that I hadn't done it justice by practicing it.  I haven't prepared or practiced any since the competition I lost.  I kind of lost hope, but the ones I have given without a speech right in front of me have actually turned out ok.  So maybe I don't need to sit down and right down every speech out.

I want to give this speech again one day and give it the justice it deserves.  I feel like Toastmasters has given me alot of hope for what I want to be one day and it is one way I can repay its members.

No comments:

Post a Comment